We’ve been getting a lot of rain here in the Abbotsford/Vancouver area. There is something very calming about the rain especially when you’re watching it from your window at home with a cup of tea or coffee. I remember few years ago I hated it! But I feel like as I have matured in life, I’ve become very fond of the rain and other things that I didn’t enjoy before. Funny how life teaches you things and changes you if you allow it too.
That being said, I’m going to roll right into my blog for today. There are 6 core values that define the way I live my life. Some of them have been with me since childhood, some I’ve picked up along the way into adulthood and motherhood. So here we go…
1) Self-Love: “Before you can love anyone else, you have to love yourself”. For me self-love is very important, there’s a lot of things I would like to change about myself (we all do), but I love the person I am on the inside. I am my biggest Fan .
2) Doing the right thing: I’m big on this one, because I’ve heard of Karma and trust me I’m shit scared of it. Doing the right thing is doing what makes you happy and doesn’t cause any sort of harm to anyone or anything on this planet. This one I’m definitely going to teach my kid or kids.
3) Respect: This goes hand in hand with doing the right thing. First and foremost respect yourself, then your family, friends, colleagues, things around you, etc. You don’t have to love everyone in your life, you just have to respect everyone (unless they actually don’t deserve your respect, then you don’t ).
4) Gratitude: I have understood the true meaning of gratitude much later in my life. I was always thankful, but now I’m thankful for the things that truly matter in life such as my family, health, my functioning body, ability to wake up alive every morning!
5) Laughter: If you know me, you know I like to giggle and crack jokes (sometimes their lame). I believe laughter gets me through life, maybe that’s why I’m not one of those “edgy” type of people. You know, the ones that are always ready to explode. To those people I’d like to say “take a chill pill” – you’ve got one life make it count man!
6) Letting go: I’m not one of those people that hold grudges – I just can’t. I’m not programmed that way, I easily forgive and forget. Sometimes that’s a good thing, sometimes it’s not. But I learn from each experience and remember not to do things that will hurt myself or other around me again and again.
We all have our own different values and beliefs which define us and make us who we are. No one is right or wrong, we are all just different. That makes us unique (check out my blog – What’s your DNA ). Life isn’t meant to be complicated, it’s supposed to be simple and fun! Stay true to yourself and what you believe in and make your life experiences count.
I read something today that I want to leave with you ” Everything you’ve lost, you’ve gained something else. Appreciate what you have today. Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful.”